Sunday, April 6, 2014

Need a quick IP lesson? Check out The Patent Podcast

I wanted to share a great podcast I recently listened to from The Patent Podcast titled What is a Patent? US Patent Basics.  Though admittedly a dry subject matter, the podcast succeeds in taking the listener through utility patents, design patents and plant patents in a clear and straight forward manner.  In looking to see what was out there covering IP in podcast-land, I looked at several others and found a few helpful Planet Money podcasts and a number of shows devoted to specific issues, but I liked this one in particular because it offers an overview of what a patent is, how to obtain one, what maintenance is needed, and what to do in the event of patent infringement.  Additionally,I liked that this podcast is very succinct and to the point.  I would argue that this podcast series is a convenient way to quickly brush up or learn more about IP whilst commuting or folding laundry :) - happy listening!

You can check it out here: http://thepatentpodcast.com/what-is-a-patent-patent-basics/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. While I personally feel that podcasts are generally pretty boring, this one did get the information across. It was convenient because I could watch it at my leisure also. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete