Sunday, April 13, 2014

Connectivism for business

In continuing the conversation on Skype, it's been a great tool to connect with co-workers and share information on processes.  This week, my colleague and I had a Skype meeting instead of the normal call to check in.  It was much easier to share information when we could chat and share our screens.  It was also quicker than my colleague having to take several screen shots to show me the new way to pull a report and create supporting graphics.  I will use Skype for meetings again as a way to more quickly and accurately share information and connect with colleagues I don't get to see on a regular basis.  Through increasing meaningful virtual connections, I expect a more efficient sharing of information and learning from my colleagues.

3 comments:

  1. Erin, I always love taking classes with folks outside of the education world, especially so I can learn about the ways things are done in other realms.

    You came up with a great idea for using Skype. It sounds like it made your meeting both more interesting and more productive.

    Thanks for sharing that story! -Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always fun to connect with people without being in the same room. In the past I did a couple of parent teacher conferences by Skype. You would have thought I just created Skype. It brought a whole new light to our district, and helps parents with busy schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post, I would love to hear more about screen sharing. The advantages are as described.

    ReplyDelete