Monday, March 24, 2014

Resources Part II

With so much information, it can be tough to stay as current as we'd all like.  Though there are times I'd prefer to bury my head in the sand....my hope is that social bookmarking can be a useful tool in keeping abreast of timely industry trends.  I envision using the tool to cut down on my emails and visiting diigo when convenient instead.  Currently, I receive many industry and local business news emails to my personal and professional emails in addition to scanning Twitter and my beloved, personalized Google News site.  On top of that, I am part of several Community SharePoint sites at work where we share and discuss relevant news articles.   So I'm trying a new way of consuming information in an effort to cut down on emails and avoid visiting so many sites each day.  For me this means setting up bookmarks for Ag and Nutrition News, Marketing News and General Business News.  We'll see if this new system is more efficient.  I’ll continue adding to my library, but check out the following list aggregated here which includes the following (thus far):

Ag and Nutrition News
·         Global Harvest Initiative
·         Biotechnology Industry Organization
Marketing News
·         Fast Company
·         Technorati
General Business News
·         Harvard Business Review
·         Des Moines Business Record
Original image from Weighty Matters here

No comments:

Post a Comment